Work & Study
WORK IN ARGENTINA
Find a job in Argentina is not easy, there are many Argentines scrambling for work, although there are plenty work opportunities in Non-governmental Organizations in Buenos Aires, almost always is a voluntary work, by example, in the national parks system. There are occasionally opportunities as a paying volunteer in environmental and archaeological projects with the Earth-watch Institute, 57 Woodstock Rd, Oxford OX2 6HJ,
There are no restrictions or quotas for the employment of foreigners in Argentina, while they fulfill immigration regulations. Other option for foreigners (also for national citizens) is work at home with a real life cam. Actually, a lot of people can work in home with that devices, specially in some technological companies. It's a really good alternative if you want to work and study in Argentina.
Foreigners need to have a valid residence permission, local regulations on immigration establish three sorts of residence: permanent, temporary and transitory. To set up any business in Argentina its necessary to have permanent or temporary residence.
A work visa is required, this visa is issued by the Direccion Nacional de Migraciones de Argentina (National Directorate of Migration), exists a charge for making a visa application.
The main work visas issued are:
To engage foreign workers the work contract shall obey with current labour legislation in all the national territory.
- Visas issued for short term work in Argentina (if initial validity of 15 days and can be extended for another 15 days once);
- Temporary Residence Visa, for labour contract, this visa is issued for employees on internships contracted by companies in Argentina, employees will be treated a local employees; by example,a Unique Code of Labor Identification CUIL (Código Único de Identificación Laboral) has to be applied as well, the minimum duration is 6-12 months;
- Secondment-Temporary Residence Visa, this visa es issued to employees send abroad by their companies for at least 6-12 months. A labour contract is not required.
To apply for a work visa, is necessary fulfill the following requirements:
foreigners with previous work contract must fulfill the following requisites to get into the country:
- Work contract with the company in Argentina.
- Birth certificate, translated into Spanish by a certified translator.
- Marital certification, translated into Spanish by a certified translator (if an application is being made for a spouse).
- Passport with a minimum validity of 18 months remaining (for each family member).
- Three passport photo’s for each family member (4x4; preferably light blue background; ¾ profile right side).
- Labour contract signed by the employer and the contracted foreigner, with the signature certified by public attorney or agent of the National Immigrations Office.
- Statutes or company’s incorporation contract, duly recorded.
- Proof of payment to pension fund by the employer for all employees in the last six (6) months.
- Proof of record in the tax system and compliance of the last three (3) due payments.
- Tax Revenue Office Form stating payroll at the beginning of the company’s activity.
- Municipal authorization to operate (if applicable).
» Learn about Study in Argentina